Paramedics Called To Church After Visitors Have Severe Reaction To Bible Preaching
Paramedics arrived at South Jacksonville Evangelical Free Church this morning to find 11 people lying on the floor. Some were out cold. Others were coming to. At first they thought there may be a carbon monoxide leak or other poisonous gas in the air. But it turns out the attendees had a severe reaction to the sermon.
Heather Broxton, a member at the church relates the account. "It was 'Bring A Friend' Sunday. So there were many visitors. Pastor Bob preached as he always does. He's a very good preacher and sticks to the Bible. All of a sudden people started going into fits. I would say it was like epileptic seizures, or maybe one of those Pentecostal church events. Then they just fell out in the floor. Pastor Bob reminded everyone that things should be done in order. I think he thought it was just the Spirit moving through, though we've never seen it like that here. But it became apparent that these people were not okay. That's when I called 911."
One of the victims, Brooke said it was like any other day. "I've been to church before. I mean, I don't go now. But I was raised in the United Methodist Church. So I've been to church nd heard sermons. But today, I am sitting there, the preacher opens the Bible starts reading from, I think it was the book of Romans, and he starts talking about how we are all bad people who need to be saved from our sins and the associated punishment. I remember getting a weird feeling in my stomach. Then the hair on my neck stood up. I was super uncomfortable. Next thing I know, I'm waking up on the floor with a paramedic giving me oxygen. It was like, not okay."
Doctors have concluded that those who were affected are not used to hearing propositional truth. "Some people have peanut allergies. Others are allergic to dairy products. These folks are apparently allergic to the Bible. We are seeing a lot of this these days," states Dr. Gene Phelps.